Due to some of the uncontrollable and external factors, the modern business environment seems unpredictable. Business leaders are facing some challenges right now, and most of them have to wait to see what the future holds. Among all the changes taking place, if there is one thing that has grown exponentially, then that has to be the use of mobile apps for businesses. People hardly have time to sit in front of the PC and search for a website. They are always looking for apps on the go.
So, nowadays, businesses are looking for mobile app development company more than ever to help create some wonderful business apps to deal with. Among all kinds of mobile apps making it big in the market, Hybrid Apps are gaining worldwide popularity and for good reasons.
What is a hybrid app?
- So, these hybrid apps can be targeted as web pages, which are wrapped in an app through WebView.
- These apps are a perfect combination of a mobile and native app.
- The best thing is that the apps can use features of any device and will have built-in capabilities as well.
- When it is about the web app part, the hybrid apps will depend on HTML associated with the browser embedded within the said app.
- Developers are given a chance to create hybrid apps with the help of cross-platform frameworks, which will include React, Ionic, Xamarin, and Sencha.
The differences between Hybrid and Native app development:
Sometimes, while crafting a new app, you are confused about whether you should go for the hybrid mobile app development services or aim for the native apps. There are some factors, which will help you to select the right strategy.
- At first, you need to start focusing on the budget, then the timeline, and followed by the target audiences.
- Furthermore, you need to focus on the experience of the team that comes in handy with the enterprise-level mobile application development, costing, the complexity of the product, portability, and more.
It takes a lot of money to develop a native app when compared to the hybrid ones. Moreover, hybrid apps won’t demand as much maintenance as the native ones. On the other hand, maintaining a native app is pretty much a huge task as you have to deal with enhancements, security updates, and more. Such is not the case with the hybrid ones. In the hybrid app development sector, apps have become more portable across various devices.
The pros and cons of Native and Hybrid mobile apps:
Going through the points mentioned above might show some confusion with the apps you need to select. Well, understanding the pros and cons of a native mobile app and hybrid mobile app will do the trick for you.
Pros – native mobile app:
- You will enjoy faster navigation
- Enjoy better performance level
- Ultimate data protection
- High-end functionality overall
- Good customer service
Cons – native mobile app:
- Pretty time consuming and expensive
- Platform-based restrictions
- Higher maintenance costs
Pros – Hybrid apps:
- Really affordable for all to use
- Production and simple, to say the least
- Easy to maintain with less time devoted
Cons – Hybrid apps:
- Always need an internet connection
- Bounded efficiency all the way
Decide between the two:
It is true that native and hybrid apps have their share of pros and cons involved. But, if you think about it, Hybrid apps will always be at the top of the list. It must cover everything that you are looking for and even more. So, trying to give hybrid app development is always a clever option to address.
Top Frameworks For Hybrid Apps:
Now, it is time to focus on the top frameworks designed for crafting hybrid apps at their best. Listed below are some research values introduced.
- IONIC Framework:
The ionic framework is one of the most popular frameworks existing today. The front-end HTML is crafted right on top of AngularJS and Cordova with the use of upbeat APIs showing Custom elements and Shadow DOM.
- React Native:
React Native was officially released in 2015 for developing hybrid apps for mobiles by Facebook. It is one of the noteworthy hybrid app frameworks, which has earned a pretty good reputation in 2020, and this popularity is expected to remain intact and even grow in 2022.
For the past couple of years, Flutter has been one name that everyone is relying on. It is a premier open-source SDK, which has earned the huge respect of all the developers worldwide. This framework is mostly known for its powerful language Dart.
These are a few of the many hybrid app frameworks you need to work with. Just feel free to research more for your own references.