It is really hard to believe that in 2019, around 25% of the customer interactions were associated with machine learning or AI! By the time 2023 comes, this percentage is subject to hit 43%, if not more. So, it clearly proves that an increasing number of businesses are currently seeing their value in automating parts of customer service. The biggest decision to make is to choose between the AI chatbot and the voice bot. Join us at Webdecorum as we explore the services well to help you make up the right choice.
Understanding chatbots from the get-go:
Chatbots are mostly types of software used for communicating through a “conversational chatbot.” They are highly employed by businesses as virtual customer support agents for relieving staff from answering multiple queries. Before you proceed further with chatbot services, we would like you to know more about the types of chatbots present nowadays in the market.
These chatbots are trained to know human queries well depending on regular expressions. These are further targeted as decision tree bots and hold basic functionalities:
- These chatbots don’t have learning abilities. They will only understand what they have been directly trained to.
- If you are planning to ask questions in multiple ways, the chances are high that a rule-based chatbot won’t be able to get you an answer.
- So, it is not hard to state that businesses are in need of more powerful solutions, and that’s when the AI chatbots clearly shine through.
Then you have the AI chatbot, which is considered to be quite more powerful than its rule-base counterparts as they are crafted to learn and improve with time. Unlike the ones mentioned before, they will understand the synonyms and can also read right between the lines.
- So, if you provide them with a list of phrases, the AI chatbot will use them to learn another 20 to 30 words.
- Al-powered bots have now gained quite some power, and now, around 27% of the respondents were not able to distinguish if they had spoken with a bot or a real human.
Now it comes to voicebot:
Once you are well aware of the chatbot section, it is time to join us at Webdecorum to understand more about machine learning and the voicebot category, in particular. Voicebot is mainly a form of chatbot that comes with a voice. The software is based on AI, which helps voice interactions to take place with services and devices.
These voice bots are mainly used to save users from frustrating and endless menu navigation on the phone calls.
When to use voicebot and chatbot?
There are some scenarios when voice bots take the first priority over chatbots. There are mainly four criteria to follow, just to know which bot seems to be your preferred choice, and we at Webdecorum will help you to make the right choice with every move.
Understand your customer base and ways to interact with them:
At first, check out the customer analytics tools or focus on marketing persona. Learn about your customers’ age and how they prefer contacting you. Some might love to go for phone calls over emails or messenger apps!
- The main goal is to determine the technical knowledge of the user and how long they love to spend time online.
- If they prefer online sources, then a chatbot is highly preferable.
- But for older generations, voicebot will seal the deal!
Ways to convey information:
When choosing between chatbot or voicebot, you have to consider the way in which you want to transfer the information along with its volume. Some of the options are:
- By reading – interface containing text
- By hearing – voice interfaces like Google Home or Alexa
- By seeing – including images, videos, and user interfaces in graphic form
The difficulty level of the user scenario:
Make sure to understand the process that takes the longest time to resolve. Sometimes, bots have to jump between resources before completing the resource. If so, then using a chatbot for the service can help. On the other hand, if it takes around 20 to 30 minutes to resolve a problem for your client, then voicebot will be a clever choice to work through.
Understand the difference:
Once you are well aware of chatbots and voicebot and the services they cover, choosing the best one for your business won’t be that tough. Our team from Webdecorum is always ready to help!