Shopify Pro & Cons
Shopify acts as a powerful eCommerce platform and as a website builder. It provides you with a platform that offers a wide range of services to create an online store. Shopify offers its users a graphical user interface to build a website without any additional knowledge of coding.
Shopify hosts the website on its web servers. Apart, from offering a powerful e-commerce solution it also offers various add-on features like inventory management, payment processing, shopping cart features, shipping, and many more.
Who uses Shopify?
Shopify can be used by a variety of enterprises ranging from a very small enterprise to start-ups and even a global multi-million dollar businesses. Some big brands that use Shopify as their e-commerce platforms include Budweiser and Tesla Motors.
Selling on Shopify?
Shopify with its user-friendly features can help sell most of the products which are family-friendly products. Some of these products include Paintings, handbags, antiques, pottery, ceramics, cameras, and office supplies, baby products, and photo prints are some of the common products that can be sold on Shopify Pros and Cons.
What are the advantages of using Shopify as your e-commerce platform?
Shopify allows selling products on multiple channels
Shopify web development helps you increase your sales by making use of other potential platforms and supported channels like Facebook, Amazon, Pinterest, Mobile Apps, you can also sell in person at brick-and-mortar shops.
The Buy Button of Shopify
Buy button features of Shopify enable your user’s experience a customized shopping experience where they can embed any product during the time of checkout on your site. It also helps monetize your website or blog with just a single click.
Shopify helps Support around 100 payment processors all over the world
The various built-in payment services offered by Shopify customer’s shopping experience becomes smoother. Shopify has also introduced Shopify Payments that facilitate online payments. One can manage all the store transactions within the Shopify platform. The advantages of Shopify Payments are that you can manage all of your store transactions at one platform.
Excellent and User-friendly site performance
Those are too slow to run may impact customer traffic on your website. Shopify offers excellent site performance which is an essential component for an online store to get increased sales.
Digital products and physical products selling
Shopify allows you to handle both the digital as well as physical products on the website. It has an app that can help you enlist and categorize the type of your products. Also, allows deliveries of these products through email or make it downloadable via online storage. It also helps you set up the type of shipping and fulfillment for each product in case you are dealing with physical goods.
POS help integrate your physical shop with your online store. Shopify Pros and Cons system allows your business to manage the sales, inventory, online and offline customer data, all on a single platform.
Brochure for self-help learning
Documentation offered by Shopify is very useful for the beginners also the experts. It is found to help provide information related to definitions for technical terms as well as setup guides.
Useful add-on to widen the store
Not only has default features, but also offers a wide range of apps that can extend your store with over thousands of ads-on. This makes them one of the more versatile e-Commerce platforms in the market.
Boost sales with Shopify abandoned cart recovery
Customers who have added the products in the cart but didn’t purchase the products may like to get reminded about it. In such a case, Shopify can send abandoned cart saver emails to customers at specified time intervals customized accordingly.
Disadvantages and things which are not good about using Shopify.
Not Suitable for some businesses
The business platform can be used by a variety of enterprises but certain businesses that are prohibited from using the Shopify platform include Gambling, regulated or illegal products, IP infringement, pharmaceuticals, virtual currency, investment and credit services, and adult content services.
Themes to be customized using own PHP language
Shopify has its own self-developed PHP language called ‘Liquid’. Liquid makes the theme customization harder unless you know how to code in Liquid. In such a case you may need a premium theme to be opted to support your website.
The higher price of the advanced features
The basic plan of Shopify Pros and Cons comes with a limited number of features, and in case you are looking for more advanced features of Shopify like gift cards, fraud analysis, reports, and real-time shipping then they are available at a higher price.
Shopify apps can help save your time but come at a higher price
Shopify offers a lot of useful add-ons that you can get from the Shopify Development Service app market. Most of them are free but some with the advanced features may come at a higher price. In such a case, pick your apps carefully and which can help you in your everyday business.
No email hosting
Shopify platform doesn’t provide you with email hosting services even though the web hosting is included in all Shopify plans. This limits to host a domain-based email address. However, you can set up an email forwarding option where you can forward all your emails to regular accounts like Gmail or Yahoo.
Start working on Shopify and experience its tremendous benefits. Get it installed and learn about its various features by hiring Shopify Pros and Cons. You can also look for other companies that can help you learn and experience the Shopify e-commerce Development platform and its benefits.
Shopify is a leading e-commerce platform that has gained popularity for its ease of use, reliability, and versatility. Here are some of the main pros of using Shopify:
- Ease of use: Businesses of all sizes and technical backgrounds can choose Shopify as a great option due to its user-friendly interface and easy-to-use tools. It’s straightforward to set up, and users can quickly start selling their products online.
- Wide range of features: Shopify offers a wide range of features, including payment processing, shipping, and inventory management. It also has a vast app store, allowing businesses to add additional features, like marketing and accounting tools, as needed.
- Versatility: Small startups to large enterprises can use Shopify, as it is versatile and suitable for businesses of all sizes and industries. It can accommodate a range of needs, including B2B and B2C, and offers different pricing plans to fit different budgets.
- Reliable hosting and security: Shopify is a hosted platform, meaning that users don’t have to worry about managing their website’s hosting and security. Shopify takes care of updates, backups, and security, giving business owners peace of mind.
- SEO optimization: Shopify offers built-in SEO features, making it easier for businesses to optimize their website for search engines. This includes customizable meta titles and descriptions, and an editable robots.txt file.
The three most important things to know about Shopify’s pros are:
- It is easy to use, making it a great choice for businesses of all sizes and technical backgrounds.
- It offers a wide range of features, and a vast app store, allowing businesses to add additional features as needed.
- It is versatile, reliable, and secure, making it a popular choice for businesses across different industries.
Shopify is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms available, with a wide range of features and capabilities. Before deciding to use Shopify, you should consider some potential drawbacks and cons, as with any platform. Here are some of the main cons of using Shopify:
- Shopify Pros and Cons: Other e-commerce platforms can be less expensive than Shopify, even though Shopify offers different pricing plans to accommodate various needs. Additionally, some features, such as transaction fees and third-party app costs, can add up quickly.
- Customization limitations: While Shopify offers many customization options, it has some limitations compared to other platforms. It can be challenging to customize the checkout process or to integrate specific third-party tools, which may be important for some businesses.
- Dependency on apps: The core platform of Shopify may require a third-party app, even though the Shopify App Store offers a wide range of third-party apps to enhance Shopify’s functionality. This can be costly and may increase the risk of compatibility issues or data security concerns.
- Limited control: While Shopify is a powerful platform, some businesses may feel that they have limited control over the website’s design and functionality. This can be a disadvantage for businesses with complex needs or who want to stand out from competitors.
- SEO Limitations: Shopify has some limitations with SEO optimization, especially in the area of technical SEO, like modifying robots.txt and generating XML sitemaps.
The three most important things to keep in mind about Shopify’s cons are:
- It can cost a lot of money, particularly when you add additional fees and third-party apps.
- Other platforms may offer more customization options than this one.
- Businesses may have limited control over the design and functionality of their website, especially for complex needs.