Pros and Cons of Magento
Are you looking for premium quality eCommerce solutions that help your business achieve big targets in the online world?
Well! Your stop ends at Magento eCommerce solutions. No other platform like Magento eCommerce solutions gives you the power to create unique flexible, feature-rich, and engaging shopping experiences. It offers unusually good functions with its features, incomparable techniques for customization, and smooth third-party integrations.
Many Magento development company offer Magento eCommerce solutions that can bring your commerce vision to life. If your business is into online retail then Magento can be the best open-source eCommerce platform. This is because Magento is an industry leader and holds about 26% of the e-commerce software market.
But is it really worth spending and using Magento for your company?
Below listed are some of the advantages and disadvantages of Magento e-commerce which you should really check out while going for it.
PROS of Magento Commerce:
- There are both expensive and cheap versions of Magento e-commerce solutions. The Community edition version which online retailers can get for free is a feature-rich version that allows users to explore a variety of functions in just one system.
- Magento e-commerce, community edition has the ability to manage multiple storefronts, multi-language, custom modules, and multi-currency support. The features are mobile and easy to search making it search engine friendly.
- Magento eCommerce solution offers user-friendly features, especially the administration part. Other user-friendly features involve intuitive navigation with a simple back-end process as well as organized store management features.
- Online retailers and other e-commerce companies can enjoy the community version of Magento eCommerce for free.
- One can also avail of the benefit of using a wide range of plugins and add-ons with Magento E-commerce Development.
- Magento’s versions have been employed with templating architecture which allows the users to customize their site according to the way they want. It’s open-source software that makes it pliable and flexible to use by its consumers.
- Infinite scalability is what Magento e-commerce is an expert in where you can sell not only 10 but more than 10,000 products with ease.
CONS of Magento Commerce:
- Even though Magento is a very popular commerce solution, it is an extremely large system that consists of thousands of files and hundreds of database tables. In order to handle such large database files, it requires a good developer with a good understanding of object-oriented development and experience.
- There are multiple versions of Magento:
The community edition is free. Whereas the enterprise version for small enterprises starts at US$22, 000/year and the premium Enterprise version starts at US$190,000/year.
- Magento solutions need dedicated platforms and servers to run smoothly. Running it on a normal server can make its functioning slow and create a frustrating user experience server. This is because Magento consists of large database program files.
- Another disadvantage of using Magento commerce solutions is time-consuming. The more the data is the more time it requires to work upon. Its pliable architecture makes it more complex which requires more time to make changes and customize accordingly when compared to other solutions.
Important points to consider while using Magento
- If you want to scale up your decently growing online business then Magento can do wonders for your business by scaling its growth quickly.
- Magento developers may require available resources which in turn can spend much of your time and money to set it up. However, it could be set up by internal developers who previously have an idea about PHP and MySQL, or you can even contact agencies who deal with Magento developers.
- If your business is a small-scale business, then using Magento may cost you very expensive. Rather than investing in Magento, you can use other eCommerce solutions such as BigCommerce, and Shopify.
If you are looking for a good eCommerce platform that also offers its services in setting up Magento commerce solutions? Then your search ends here at Web Decorum. We provide every kind of web solution to our customers.
Learn More Why Shopify is Best E-Commerce Development.