At present, the Magento platform is used by more than 239,000 live websites. Roughly, around 38% of them use Magento 2 and the remaining 62% is sticking to the OG Magento. USA is known to have the highest number of websites, which are currently using the power of Magento development services.
Selecting the right Magento Development Company is one significant part of creating a successful business online. Whether you are planning to start with the process or looking to upgrade the present online store, select the right team for help to ensure that you are getting the best out of your investment.
Once you have Webdecorum by your side, there is no need to look for any secondary helping hand. But, there are loads of names available in the market because we are against tough competition. So, to help you out in picking the right names, we have listed some of the right points to watch out for. Check out these points before you choose the best service provider to match your needs.
Start with their portfolio check:
Whenever you are on a mission to select the best Magento Development service provider for your business, be sure to evaluate their capabilities by checking out their portfolio with time. You have to check out their past projects and then determine if the chosen name is able to deliver the product you are asking for.
- Whenever you are reviewing the portfolios, be sure to check the type of projects they have handled so far.
- A promising portfolio will demonstrate a wide range of experience in not just design, but in the development sector as well.
- It must showcase various projects from different industries, under multiple sizes.
- You must see how those designs look on mobiles and how user-friendly the interfaces seem.
- It is also vital to consider the technology used behind these projects. Your chosen firm needs to be up-to-date with the latest technologies to implement them safely into your project.
All these steps ensure that your website performs well and with a modern look to it. By taking your take to evaluate the portfolios, customer reviews, and technology experiences, you will end up selecting the best Magento Development service provider.
Requirements to consider:
You better do your homework before looking for a well-suited Magento agency for your business. There are several variables to consider before finding the right match.
- Before reaching out to any of the Magento Development Companies, it is better to have a clear understanding of your needs. You have to determine the requirements and write them down from scratch to get what you need in the future.
- Analyze your current business needs depending on necessary data and have a clearer vision of what form of e-commerce store you need.
- Make sure to do a complete scan of your business. Know your competitors and get market insights. After that, do customer research.
- When you have the data ready, you are sure of the requirements. You will then get to paint a clear picture to development firms like us at Webdecorum, regarding your needs. It will also help you to find the agencies excelling in these areas.
- If the needs are a bit complex, it is vital that the store owners set up a solid team, which is e-commerce friendly and with business intelligence. The chosen team should have a marketing background to take care of online businesses.
Focusing on your budget plan:
It is true that not all Magento agencies will charge you with the same routine. Similarly, not all Magento offices have the same services.
- It is vital to understand how much you are going to spend on the store’s development. It helps to make it easier to find the right fit for your needs.
- While discussing the budget plans, there are different other costs that you need to factor in from a standalone Magento Development Company.
- Before they start with the work, the Magento Development Company will provide you with hosting and licensing costs as part of the overall project cost. Be sure to have a separate budget for that as well.
- On the other hand, the Magento development services company must also set some numbers, needed for licensing and Magento 2 cloud hosting costs. These are additional costing you need to be aware of.
Experience with the business type:
One of the major points to consider is whether or not the chosen Magento Development Company has experience within your specified industry. As not all development companies are created in an equal manner, it is vital to ensure that the one you select has the experience and knowledge needed to develop a site to fit your needs.
- If you are looking for anything in particular, be sure to check if the chosen firm is able to handle it for you.
- See if your chosen company has worked with any firm, similar to your business niche.
- Ask for their suggestions to help your website stand out in the crowd.
- Understand the type of customers they have worked with previously and if you fit the bill.
- Check out the size of companies they have worked with. Do they have experience working with a small or big firm like yours?
Getting these questions answered is the first call to consider when it comes to selecting the right Magento Development Company here. Make sure to check out all the options before the final say.
Know more about their development process:
While selecting a firm for your business, it is time to ask for the development process. Understanding the right steps that the company takes to craft an online store will help in determining whether or not the services are made suitable for your needs. Right from project planning to test strategies and even development timelines, everything needs to be considered.
Look for the price quote:
To find out which one is the best for your business, you need to compare rates and time frames. Pricing depends on multiple factors like the number of items sold, features you want, and hours worked every month. Some of the development firms will charge based on how many items you have sold and others will charge based on the hourly work.
You might want to use a development firm with flat fee model. With this model, you can charge the same rate no matter how little or much you sell. The common rates range from $500 to $5000+ on a monthly scale.
If the sales are more than $10000 monthly, then you need powerful service offerings, resulting in greater costs.
Check if they offer maintenance and support:
You must see if there is any form of support or maintenance. In case they do, then that will be an indication of commitment to long-term success of business. The next thing to check is the cost. It depends on multiple factors, but it will help to narrow down the firms, right for you if you come across a range of prices within your budget plans.
- Check out the monthly and the total project cost.
- Next, ask to see if they have any online demo. It shows what it actually feels like working with them and some company details.
- Ask if they have experts available. And ask, if those experts have experience working with some other similar businesses. Make sure to ask everything to avoid any surprises later.
Now for the security measures:
While selecting major Magento development firm, one major aspect to consider is the security measures. It is vital that your chosen firm has strong security protocols to protect the website and customer data.
- While researching for the potential e-commerce development firm, ask them about the security protocols and how to ensure the safety of customer data.
- Be sure to see that the chosen firm uses latest technologies and some best practices for the same like SSL certificates and encryption.
- The company, over here, must be able to offer a comprehensive explanation of the security measures that they take to ensure the data safety.
- Apart from strong security protocols in place, ask them about ways to keep up with future security trends and some advancements.
It is true that cyber security threats are evolving at a fast pace. So, the chosen Magento development firm should stay updated with the latest security trends.
The scalability options:
While focusing on a firm, it is vital to understand the scalability options. It is vital for your provider to scale with the business and its potential growth. Ask them how quickly they are able to respond to some changing customer demands and how they are able to handle added features and keep up with the market trends as well.
- In case you have plans to expand in future, then look for a firm that can offer you with the necessary resources.
- Ask them about their technology and experience, and even frameworks used to develop e-commerce websites.
- Look for the agency, which is well-versed in present technology and programming languages. It ensures that your website stays updated with modern security protocols and trends.
Checking out the reviews:
With multiple options available, it is hard to choose the right fit for you. So, it is important to take time to research and read reviews before you can jump into any final decision.
- When it is about reviews, you have to be sure that these are coming from people who have actually used their services.
- You need to be sure that these previous clients are satisfied with the received work and customer service. It provides a better idea of work quality and customer support you can expect from the team as well.
- Be sure that the reviews are available from reliable sources. The vital information you can get; the better.
- If the forum is here with positive reviews then it is likely that the services of the e-commerce development firm are good. In case you come across negative reviews, then you should probably avoid them.
Asking for recommendations from your network:
You can ask in your network for some recommendations regarding good Magento Development Company for your business. Word of mouth from the trusted contracts will help you to come across a qualified developer. Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media platforms are some of the valuable resources used for starting the search.
Check in with the professional consultants:
Professionals who specialize in Magento development are the greatest sources of unbiased advice. They will present you with valuable insight into what various firms will bring to the table and helping you to make the right decision for your business.
If you are too overwhelmed with the technical jargons, it is a sign that you need to consult an expert. An expert is well trained to have conversations with people on a daily basis and will get you through all your confusions with ease to offer clarity.
The team from Webdecorum is more than happy to help you in developing the right Magento services for your business. All it takes is a single call from your side.