It is no surprise that the Magento 2 powers more than 250,000 active websites globally. The features will help both the users and the consumers with a promising online shopping goal. Now, the real question is whether it is secure enough for data and transactions? All your personal information is at risk and you cannot take any chance with its security measures.
Website security is one of the major points to consider that most of the time people overlook. It has resulted in the growing demand for hacking cases. It will put your confidential data and even the trust of your customer at risk. Data leak is subject to not just hurt your business but your personal savings as well.
The values it holds:
Magento is known to be one of the prime aspects of online shopping. Now, it has been upgraded to Magento 2 version. There are certain tips used for improving the security value and let’s get started with the same.
Update the version right away:
As noted to be open-source software, anyone gets the chance to work hours on Magento 2 to be able to find any crack they get to exploit. The developers are well-aware of this threat and will work tirelessly to patch up every risk profile in the fastest manner possible.
- It can easily be stated as a never-ending battle as the developers and cybercriminals work on two different sides to procuring their goals.
- The main reason is that you are able to run the latest Magento 2 version which has comparatively fewer chances to get breached.
The deal with the Magento 2 scan tool:
It is mandatory for the Magento web development company to always monitor the increasing cyber-attack numbers. For that, Magento has worked hard to introduce a free service, which is also known as the Security Scan.
Reputed companies like Webdecorum are actually taking help of this scanning tool more than what you have imagined.
- This tool will run on both editions of open-source and commerce and will provide users with a look into the security of the targeted website.
- The scan tool further helps in spotting some of the major issues and will also indicate some about to come in the future.
- You get the chance to procure more than 30 security tests for pinpointing the issue and then come across a proven remedy over here.
- You are likely advised to use the tool occasionally for understanding all your major shortcomings and then fixing them before they can turn into a big issue
Time to secure the current admin panel path:
As per experts from Webdecorum , the Admin panel will hold enough power over the website and the information stored within it. Most of the hackers will aim to get along with brute force in their way and often make it possible with a mainstream-based admin panel path.
- It is your responsibility to secure the current admin panel by making it rather tough for the hackers to just reach out to the main login page.
- Most of them will proceed further with the default setting, which will look similar to the admin site. With simple steps, as mentioned by Webdecorum, you can change this.
- For that, you have to log into the Admin panel and reach for the “Configurations” option from the Store Settings.
- Then proceed further towards the advanced section and then open up the Admin Base URL selection tab over here.
- Switch right on the “use custom admin path” and the “URL” of the browser and then type in the new address.
Cannot ignore the value of 2FA:
Two-factor Authentication will add a new layer of security to the current website. It needs a proper combination of code and password for logging in. That makes it way tougher to attack and that’s why Webdecorum relies on 2FA. It is the best Magento website development company of modern times.
- There are ultimately four different types of authenticators to choose from. Those are Authy, Duo Security, U2F Devices and Google Authenticator.
- No matter whichever one you choose, there is a way to configure it. You have to visit the Admin panel and then go to Store, Configurations, Security and finally 2FA.
- It is time to switch on the 2FA button and make sure to select your desired authenticator at this time.
- For the final say, you have to enable the 2FA to “Trust this Device” and you are all set to proceed further with its use.
These are a few of the many ways in which reputed Magento development company in Gurgaon like Webdecorum is looking to improve the security section of Magento 2. Make sure to learn more about the security features, as you don’t want to take any risks.