Google Panda has hit many sites that were getting quite a bit of traffic. They saw their sales plummet and their online visibility just dropping off the graph. Many business owners felt the update to be quite a shock with its effects.
The reason why Google released the Panda update is to make its search results more in tune with what its users need and to provide valuable information for them. Its purpose is to enrich user experience by giving quality listings in its searches. If you site was hit by this update, you need to get out of its clutches fast and get back site rankings to enjoy good traffic again.
Here is a look at five important points that you have to change about your site to get back on top of search engine listings:
- Look Into Content Quality – This is the foremost point that Google checks because when content is poor, it feels the site is not giving anything valuable to visitors. Make sure that your site’s content is well-researched and gives pointers from trusted sources. There should be no content duplication. The text must be original because only then will it be of value to users. It should have the right format, so make sure to use the right font, bullets and sub-headings because it increases content readability.
- Keyword Stuffing – Your content should not be over-optimized with keywords. When you use too many keywords to increase site rankings, Google brings down PR. Do not use the same keyword in sentence loops, that is, you write sentences just for the keywords. This makes your site look bad and does not give any real information to visitors, which is the key point that Google checks when it indexes a site.
- Keep The Content Refreshed – Regularly update content pages with new and interesting information. You can also make it evergreen content or content that people are going to always need. Evergreen content is in the form of top tips, how-to-do articles and frequently asked questions. When writing information, see to it that it sticks to the topic and does not deviate from it into branches. When people visit a page for a specific topic, they want as much information as possible on it and not on other related subjects.
- Make Your Content Link Worthy – Give valuable information in the content so that other sites will link to your site, which is very important to get high PR. People should want to reference your site’s information in their site because of how valuable it is to visitors.
- Offer Engaging And Educative Content – The information offered in your pages must be engaging to visitors and must provide them with useful details that will give them more information about the topic that they want to learn.
By following these tips, you will be able to create content that Google will like and rank well. This will raise traffic volume, online visibility and increase sales figures, all of which are essential to staying ahead of the competition and achieving business objectives.