Website Audit & Analysis
A snapshot of your site, and a road-map to becoming a data-driven business
- Find out where your analytics package is failing
- Reorganize your data reporting to provide actionable data
- Answer critical business questions
Web analytics is the backbone of data driven optimization. Providing actionable insights into your users and your site performance, it is crucial to any effort to meet goals, improve sales and increase conversions. Despite this, many websites are using it incorrectly, and few even know it.
Whether you’re using Google Analytics, Google Urchin, Omniture Site Catalyst, or Yahoo! Website Analytics, VKI Studios Analytics Audit will provide fast, accurate answers to these questions:
- Relevancy: Is your analytics solution collecting information you need?
- Reliability: Is it providing accurate data?
- Usability: Is it presenting data in actionable summaries?
- Delivery: Is it sending information to the right people?
We’ll examine literally dozens of aspects of your web analytics setup and performance. Just a few of the issues we consider are:
- Goals and funnels: Have you clearly defined website goals, and the paths taken to reach them? Is your analytics package revealing how visitors navigate your site?
- Visits and visitors: Are they defined and measured correctly? For example, who is considered a “unique visitor”?
- Session tracking: If you track visitors with cookies, are you doing so properly?
- Segmentation: Is your data being properly segmented, for example organic vs. paid-search visitors?
- Page views: How is a “unique page view” defined?
- Rich media: Can you track deep website activity when using technologies like Ajax, Flash, streaming video, etc?
- Contamination: Is your data being corrupted, for example by including employee/vendor website use?
Unlike many other analytics consultants, we go beyond the purely technical issues and consider important practical considerations like:
- Usability and Presentation: Is data presented as a clear and compelling summary, making critical factors clear at a glance? Or is your analytics solution providing so much data that its meaning is obscured?
- Data Integration: Is your analytics package set up to work seamlessly with other data sources (CRM software, inventory management, etc.)?
- Delivery: Is data being sent to the right people, i.e. those who can act on it?
Once we’re done, we provide you with an action plan to get maximum value from your analytics solution.
- An impartial evaluation of how well your analytics package is currently collecting and summarizing data
- An explanation of how it should be collecting and summarizing data
- A detailed, actionable guide to making the necessary improvements
Contact us now to find out how Web Decorum Website Audit & Analysis services can give you the insights your business needs to excel.