Posters & Flyers
A good poster can have staying power for years. You probably won’t want to use the exact same content for years at a time, but using a coherent theme, the same artist, or other elements to make your group’s posters recognizable is a good idea.
Flyers can easily be mailed to almost anyone. It’s simple to fold, staple, and slap a stamp and an address label on an eye-catching flyer about an upcoming event.
A few basic tips on poster design
- Simplicity is key — try not to have too many different elements vying for the reader’s or viewer’s attention.
- Large, colorful images will grab your viewer’s attention. Lots of contrast helps too.
- A novel image is another good way to catch your audience’s eye.
- Your poster should be easy to read from a distance. Colors that can be easily read from a distance include white on red, black on yellow, dark blue on white, green on white, and the ever-popular black on white.
- Colors can have different effects: greens, blues, and purples tend to be soothing and calming; red, orange, and yellow tend to excite and attract attention.
Posters or flyers can be remarkably effective in getting your organization’s message across. Try distributing a poster of flyer with a simple message, an eye-catching image, and a catchy slogan — see how many people you can reach!