Google Panda has hit many sites that were getting quite a bit of traffic. They saw their sales plummet and their online visibility just dropping off the graph. Many business owners felt the update to be quite a shock with its effects.
The reason why Google released the Panda update is to make its search results more in tune with what its users need and to provide valuable information for them. Its purpose is to enrich user experience by giving quality listings in its searches. If you site was hit by this update, you need to get out of its clutches fast and get back site rankings to enjoy good traffic again.
Here is a look at five important points that you have to change about your site to get back on top of search engine listings:
- Look Into Content Quality - This is the foremost point that Google checks because when content is poor, it feels the site is not giving anything valuable to visitors. Make sure that your site’s content is well-researched and gives pointers from trusted sources. There should be no content duplication. The text must be original because only then will it be of value to users. It should have the right format, so make sure to use the right font, bullets and sub-headings because it increases content readability.
- Keyword Stuffing - Your content should not be over-optimized with keywords. When you use too many keywords to increase site rankings, Google brings down PR. Do not use the same keyword in sentence loops, that is, you write sentences just for the keywords. This makes your site look bad and does not give any real information to visitors, which is the key point that Google checks when it indexes a site.
- Keep The Content Refreshed - Regularly update content pages with new and interesting information. You can also make it evergreen content or content that people are going to always need. Evergreen content is in the form of top tips, how-to-do articles and frequently asked questions. When writing information, see to it that it sticks to the topic and does not deviate from it into branches. When people visit a page for a specific topic, they want as much information as possible on it and not on other related subjects.
- Make Your Content Link Worthy - Give valuable information in the content so that other sites will link to your site, which is very important to get high PR. People should want to reference your site’s information in their site because of how valuable it is to visitors.
- Offer Engaging And Educative Content - The information offered in your pages must be engaging to visitors and must provide them with useful details that will give them more information about the topic that they want to learn.
By following these tips, you will be able to create content that Google will like and rank well. This will raise traffic volume, online visibility and increase sales figures, all of which are essential to staying ahead of the competition and achieving business objectives.
If you have a blog or e-commerce site what is the most essential feature needed to attract quality traffic?
Content- your content must be engaging and informative. It should instantly deliver what the visitor wants to know. You should device an effective content marketing strategy to get attention from target audience, attract visitors and generating sales.
Here is a look at the five most important points that your content marketing strategy must have to be successful:
- Purpose Of Content – What do you want to inform people who are visiting your site? Do you want them to make a purchase, share your post with others, learn about a subject? Write according to the purpose to generate expected reaction from visitors. The content given should be engaging and informative, while serving its purpose.
- Understand Your Target Audience And Write Accordingly- Who are the people most likely to read the information that you are providing? What is the age group and intellectual understanding? The language you use and how you present information should be based on answers to these questions. Tune into what your target audience will like to read and what information they want in order to create content that is liked and shared by visitors.
- Write Original And Well-Researched Information – Give information that is of value to users and through which they can make an informed decision. If it is a product that you are selling, be precise about its features. If you are discussing a subject, show that you taken information from trusted sources. Search engines increase the PR of sites giving quality information and bring them up on top of their search results.
- Best Channels For Content Promotion – What are the most effective means of promoting your site’s content? Is your product or service best promoted through video? Is blogging optimal for your brand? If your brand has more pictures to show interest is a better option. Look into the most appropriate means of distributing your content to generate the maximum number of visitors for your site. By reaching out to where our audience is, you will have a huge volume of visitors arriving at your site.
- Look Into What Your Competitor Is Offering – Why is your competitor’s site having so much traffic? What are the features placed in their site and how is their content presented to attract visitors? Always be aware of how your competitors are working in the market, so that you display similar content and capture audience attention.
- Give Information At The Right Time – When you are posting information about a hot new topic that’s being discussed in social media circles or making a product offer, timing should be right. Don’t give information too early or too late as otherwise you won’t get the desired reaction. Give it at a point when a large volume of people are searching for such content so that it reaches out effectively to people.
Look into theses points and you will be able to generate fabulous content that drives traffic and retains visitor attention. When the information you provide is valuable, it is not just liked but also shared, which is essential to always have traffic arriving at our site. Valuable content fetches not just quality traffic, but also sales leads. It leads to a high PR, which is vital to staying ahead of your competitors in the market…
Many websites make use of black hat techniques to boost their page ranks so that they can attract visitors and get sales. These techniques will only result in search engines assigning low ranks to that site.
Here is a look at black hat techniques that your site should avoid to enjoy good page ranks and gain quality traffic:
Look into these points and your site will have all those features that will make it popular with top search engines like Google. They will assign good page ranks to it, which will increase its online visibility and sales figures, thus bringing expected conversions.
- Do not stuff site content with keywords as this is no longer looked upon as a good way to boost rankings by Google. It penalizes sites that use too many keywords in their content to increase page ranks. If your product does not have keywords which are highly used by people in their search, look for information from competitors. Look for the right keywords, using the best keyword tools and use them sparingly in the content so that genuine, organic traffic arrives at your site.
- Avoid keyword stacking where in you are creating content that revolves around keywords in such a way that it repeats over and over again. When you do this, visitors are not getting any valuable information. Google reduces the rankings of sites that do not give quality information to visitors. When page ranks get affected, your site will not get listed in top ten search results. Keywords should be seamlessly merged into the content which should be generated for users and not search engines.
- Avoid content duplication which is penalized by Google heavily. When you lift content from another site and put it in your own, you are giving users information that they can find somewhere else. You need to give refreshing, original and engaging content which will make them come back to your site for their next shopping experience. Giving original content makes your site look authoritative to visitors. Search engines give it high page ranks which ushers visitors to it and generates sales.
- Establish quality links to your site. Paying sites to connect to yours or putting information about your products or services in high traffic sites is no longer considered valid. Get news makers to connect to your site’s content through their sources, because it will be a natural link and not a paid one. Create pages in social media and give information there about your products or services with a link back to your site. Do not overuse sites for linking. for e.g. do not write too many articles in a single site with each article linking to your site. Have a link established once in three months from a trusted site to yours, so that links looks natural.
- Check if the links established to your site come from spam sites. Links form such sites will reduce your page ranks. If you find a spam site or a site with poor quality information connecting to yours, contact the webmaster to remove their link. If they do not, disavow the site using Google’s webmaster tool.
Mobile e-commerce is gaining popularity now more than ever. With increasing use of Tablet and Smartphone devices, people like to shop through their hand-held device, rather than their desktops. They can shop whenever they want, wherever they are and shopping can be completed in minutes. How can your business catch the attention of mobile users and gain sales? You need the most attractive mobile landing pages?
How To Create A Fantastic Mobile Landing Page That Gets Conversions?
The pages must have features that bring about instant conversions. In order to do this, you need to understand consumer behaviour when they use mobile devices. What do they look for and how do they complete tasks? Here is a look at five important points that will help you create an awesome mobile landing page:
- Mobile users, unlike online desktop users do not delve deep into product information. They want the key details in concise way. Your page must show important features of the product in a bulleted, easy-to-read font so that they can find details quickly and proceed to purchase
- The page design must be neat and organized. When visitors land on any page, they should be able to see what they want quickly. Make smart use of colour and font. Have clear, attractive images in the pages so that visitors can see the product clearly. The call-to-action button must be strongly visible and in a colour like red or green to catch visitor attention.
- Purchase process must be easy. When a visitor lands in a page and likes the product, he or she should be able to complete their purchase with a single click of the ‘buy’ button. With another click they should proceed to form filling, check out and payment.
- People buy products based on popularity. Show testimonials so that customers can see what others feel about the product. With a single click of the testimonial button, they should be directed to a page where they can read them. You can also show product popularity through number of ‘Likes’.
- Clearly display your offer so that visitors find out right away how they benefit by purchasing the product at that price from your store. If it is a 50% reduction, indicate it strongly. Visitors should not have to spend time moving from one page to another finding out available offers on products that they want to buy.
By bringing these five elements into landing page design, visitors will find it easier and exciting to shop at your store using their mobile devices. They are likely to recommend it to their friends, which will bring more visitors to your store. The attention span of mobile user is shorter than desktop users, hence you need the best page design elements and features to keep them focused and get conversions. These points will bring such features into the site, retain visitor interest and motivate them to make a purchase. As a result, your website will be able to generate sales through mobile users and as the number of people shopping through mobile devices rises, your business will benefit even more.
Web Development is used to develop a web based website or apps for the internet and include the web design, content, development, web server and client/server scripting etc.
In Web Decorum, we provide web development services for small businesses to influence IT needs successfully and professionally. Our Technology ability and business process skill enables our clients to automate their specific business processes and flows to effect in spirited advantage. In our web development service offerings, we taken care of modularity, scalability and security of solutions as a common take out. Web Decorum provides you a proper software product development and deployment service for the important product based companies and clients around the world. We put up the implementation of product range that uses sophisticated and cutting edge frontier technologies and open source frameworks that ensure fast mixing across multiple channels and systems to improve the capability, quickness and give a new element to user experience.
Product Development Life-cycle in Web Decorum
Our Web Prototype helps you in detecting and explanatory possible risks and errors in the early phase of the development. An early detection allow development teams at the both ends to take corrective actions on time.
Our Architecture is the external framework gives you a product shape, form size and most significant away. It paves way for a suitable and successful web development of the product. A strong architecture provides a platform where all the mechanism put together with all each other.
A pattern driven modeling approach delivers steady, layered, multi channel, reusable and extensible design models. The can set cross-validations the design outputs to make certain high levels of design integrity.
What is E-commerce?
To exchange, sell and purchase goods and services using computer network is known as “E-commerce”.
In today’s era due to high rise in prices and paucity of time, the importance of E-commerce needs no overemphasis. But the problem is, one needs to be smart enough to go in for a good E-commerce Web Design so as to deal with its four major perspectives:
- B2B (Business-to-Business)
- B2C (Business-to-Consumer)
- C2B (Consumer-to-Business)
- C2C (Consumer-to-Consumer)
Here I would like to touch only the basic features to tell about the discrepancies in certain E-commerce websites, which need to be rectified if the client wants the return, value of his/her goods and services.
As a digital marketer, I audit E-commerce websites many times every week and experience amazing and unbelievable marketing mistakes.
Website design is the key for important branding and building of trust. When working on a new website, one is prone to get caught up in lucrative appeals of the design. Here, one should be always aware that one’s aim of commerce website design is to have enhanced sales and not the beautiful design of the website.
Six Important Marketing Considerations for E-commerce Web Design
Based on my personal useful experience, given hereunder are certain important considerations to be borne in mind by all concerned:
- True, we all cannot be like Apple, but no one can stop us to be so, as much as possible. We can endeavor to have our website to embody a precise and well targeted brand direction.Very often we observe luxurious websites not making satisfactory sales, but they forget the main reason for that being that the visitors find it difficult to access a particular section in which they are interested.When visitors land on a website, they should instantly understand where they are: are they accessing a luxury product, household goods etc etc. Design of your E-commerce website should be such that your brand is positioned in front of your mind.
- Specific creative beauty factor can boost your E-commerce website. It can also help to sell your products on other channels. In this era of visual sharing, use of quality product photography makes a website unequivocally much more sharable on social web.
- Another noticeable flaw observed in the E-commerce web design concept is ignorance of due importance for internal pages. Homepage is not the end of the matter. In E-commerce website, it has to simply serve as guide to the crux of what you want to sell in your internal pages. In fact, as online retailer you should be able to get the clientele off the homepage and lead them to inner size as early as possible.
- As top priority, don’t forget to put the following contact details on your website:
Contact Us Link, in the upper right hand corner
Just make the above quick and easy for the clients to contact you. Polishing, style or creativity will not do here.
- Generally it is found that people are scared of making online payments. Here your trust plays the part. For this, E-commerce web design should include trust symbols.
For example, on homepage, trust symbols could be awards, industry memberships, client logos etc. Combined with guarantees about respecting privacy of the clientele, such small design considerations will help boost your business.
- Design element of ‘Calls-to-Action” needs to be given utmost attention. These small buttons and links ultimately drive clientele to take an action on the website. It should be ensured that button/link looks clickable. If it is a button, it should look a physical button and make you to click it. In case it is a link, please underline it, which is the universal drill that the text would lead somewhere. The color of buttons should be in contrast to the rest of the site for discernible impact. Give larger and different colors to the links compared to rest of the text, for them to clearly giving the feeling of representing an action.
Please don’t take me on my word. Just give me an opportunity to serve you and see my results.
Web Portal Development is the online result with the aim of brings the information with various consistent. Web Portals are rapid resources for companies to allocate information with those who linked among them and they can build up the information that is to be show. The scope of the Web portals is to bring jointly different sources of information on to a single stage. Web Portals are of different kinds like news portal, business portal, government portal, corporate portal, culture portal, e-commerce portal, stock portal, tender portal, B2B portal, B2C portal etc. The main purpose of portal development varies from one customer to another.
Different types of companies are giving the services according to client’s requirements. Now day’s portal development has turn into the extensive result for the companies because it creates the website that is purposive and proficient. The portal based website plays a very important function to give the most excellent solutions in business.
Portal Development has become the broad idea to magnetize and gain the clients online. Few Services Comes under the Web Portal Development such as:-
- E-commerce Portal Development
- B2B Portal Development
- B2C Portal Development
- Travel Portal Development
- News Portal Development
- Job Portal Development
- Real Estate Portal Development
- Magento Store Development
- Social Networking Portal Development
So, at the end web portal development provides you a broad field to explain your business and depiction it to advance development. The portal is developed in synchronization with the business objectives and targets.